I was invited to participate in Transmedia Borders, a project based in Mexico exploring the subjects of immigration, displacement, language, visual and sound friction. It is curated by the poet Rocío Cerón and also features Aki Onda and Abraham Chavelas amongst others. You can hear all our works here.
The works I prepared for Transmedia Borders are:
– 3 soundscapes of places where we can listen to voices and the cultural diversity that you have in your city. At least 1 minute. Max. 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
– 1 sound piece inspired in the themes of the project: Migration / Destiny.
The pieces are showcased:
- 15 Nov: Transmedia Border pieces at Expanded poetry and multimedia arts. 7pm, University Museum of Chopo / Dr. Enrique González Martínez no. 10. Col. Santa Maria la Ribera, CDMX, Mexico. Details are here.
- 11 Sept: Transmedia Border pieces at Expanded poetry and Multimedia Arts Conference, 12 noon, Universidad del Claustro de Sor Juana, Sala de cine, José María Izazaga 92, Centro, CDMX, México. Details are here.
- 27 July: Transmedia Border pieces at 17th Feria del Libro Infantil y Juvenil Hidalgo. 8pm, Centro Cultural del Ferrocarril, General Ignacio Mejía S/N, Col. Morelos, Pachuca de Soto Hidalgo, Mexico. Details are here.
Transmedia Borders is supported by the British Council Mexico