- date tbc: Release of Brighton Variations on Hardy Cuttings.
- 7 -10 June: Fountain 17 at Salon des Refusés 2018, at Candid Arts Trust, 3-5 Torrens Street, Islington, London EC1V 1NQ.
- 8 June: session “the sounds of objects”, as part of Fountain 17 at Salon des Refusés 2018. Details tbc.
- 9 June: Performance of Lauschen, at It Sounds Devicive, 6-8pm, Walcot Chapel, Walcot Gate, Bath BA1 5UG. Also performing will be Martin Vishnick. Curated by Lee Riley. Part of Fringe Arts Bath Festival
- 13 May: Voice duo with Ingrid Plum, Linear Obsessional afternoon at the ArtsCafe, Manor Park, London SE13 5QZ, 4-8pm.
- 20 May: Participation at Time Dilation, a 3 hour durational improvisation curated by Richard Sanderson, Linear Obsessional
- 18-22 April: Listening Wall at QSS Gallery, Belfast, as part of Sonorities Festival 2018
- 21 April: paper The Listening Wall: A journey into scored listening at Sonorities Symposium 2018: Techno–Human Encounters, SARC, Belfast
- 9 March: I’m on the panel for the CRiSAP Research Game Show. Lecture Theatre B, London College of Communication Elephant & Castle London, London SE1 6SB. Free entry, 5pm to 7pm. More details are here.
- 25 March: Exploring site-specificity through sound, all-day workshop at APT Gallery, London. Details and booking link are here.
- 28 February: Ingrid Plum performs my score “the modular vocalist” at Rose Hill Brighton, Rose Hill Terrace, Brighton, Click here for more info.
- date tbc: launching of VR app containing pieces created as part of the Soundscapes Landscapes (City Above Life Below) residency, Onassis Centre, Athens.
1 Dec: Faro Aragón, Mexico. Live performance with poetry, sound experimentation and live cinema. 7pm. Av 517 S/N, Gustavo A. Madero, San Juan de Aragón I Sección, 07969 Ciudad de México, Mexico
- 15 Dec: Duo with Richard Sanderson at Scaledown, The King and Queen, 1 Foley Street, London, W1W 6DL, 8pm.
- 24 Dec: Release of View from the Hill, a compilation track for the Linear Obsessional compilation of the same name.
- 06 Nov: peri-urban explorations with myself and Postcards from the Volcano, 7pm on radiophrenia.scot
- 15 Nov: Transmedia Border pieces at Expanded poetry and multimedia arts. 7pm, University Museum of Chopo / Dr. Enrique González Martínez no. 10. Col. Santa Maria la Ribera, CDMX, Mexico. Details are here.
- 25 Nov: trio with Zoe Gilmore and Iona, at the Wild Is The Wind: A Celebration Of Lyndsey Cockwell, Montague Arms, 289 Queen’s Rd, London SE15 2PA. 7-11pm
- 29 Nov: Live performance, Laboratorio Sensorial, Guadalajara, Mexico. 8pm.
- 30 Nov: Talismán de Motolinia, Mexico City. Live performance with Israel Martínez. 9pm.
- 03 Oct: Live at NoizeMaschin!!#15, 7.30 PMAmersham Arms, London. More info is here.
- 11 Oct: Talk Scores for Listening at Points Of Listening#37, London College of Communication, 6.30pm. More information can be found here.
- 04 July: Talk at Political Aesthetics in Sound Art: Gender & Feminism as part of Sonic Waterloo, with Cathy Lane. Iklectik, London, 6-8pm . Details are here.
- 15 July: duo with Richard Sanderson at Linear Obsessional Live, Vinyl Deptford, 4 Tanners Hill, London SE8 4PJ London. More here.
- 27 July: Transmedia Border pieces at 17th Feria del Libro Infantil y Juvenil Hidalgo. 8pm, Centro Cultural del Ferrocarril, General Ignacio Mejía S/N, Col. Morelos, Pachuca de Soto Hidalgo, Mexico. Details are here.
- 06 May: Together with Douglas Benford I will be live-scoring a section of the apocalyptically prophetic documentary exploring post-human insect survivals, “The Hellstrom Chronicle” (which inspired the sci fi novel Hellstrom’s Hive) at Liar Lyre – Remarking Nature, Welcome Collection, London. Programmes at 12noon and 2.30pm.
- 16 May: Keynote The Multidimensionality of Objects at Multisensory Aesthetics, a transdisciplinary collaboration between psychology, fine art, 3D design and sound art to explore the creation and perception of multisensory artworks, University of Plymouth.
- 16 May: Ingrid Plum performs one of my scores “The Modular Vocalist” at Cinema Expanded – the Sensual Nature of Sound at the De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill, East Sussex. More details are here
- 21 May: Listening Wall at The Linear Obsessional Festival, ArtsCafe, Manor Park, London SE13 5QZ
- 24 May: Prescott album launch at Paper Dress Village, 352A Mare Street, London E8 1HR, 8-11pm
- 10 January: “Sounding ceramic sculptures”. Talk at Music Research Series, Goldsmiths University of London, 5-6.3pm.
- 21 January: Talking with Jude Cowan Montague about process on The News Agent, on Resonance FM, from 2.30pm
- 29 January: Opening of Listening Wall at Chinese Open, 2-7pm. Exhibition continues till 5 February. Find the details here.
- 01-25 September: collaborative installation with with Icelandic ceramics artist Ingibjörg Gudmundsdottir at Brighton Digital Festival, Phoenix Brighton.
- 04 September: duo with Jude Cowan Montague, Linear Obsessional at the ArtsCafe, Manor Park, London SE13 5QZ, 4-8
- 10 September: Live at Electromatronic, Margate. With CSMA and the Athelstan Sound Ensemble. From 7.30pm, Tom Thumb Theatre. Find all the details at https://www.facebook.com.
- 04 June: collaborative performance with Tansy Spinks at Whitstable Biennale, Silent program curated by Marcus Leadley. Whitstable beach, free, time tbc
- 03 May: Talk Procedural Blending: a model of process in sound art practice Graduate Forum Goldsmiths University 5-7pm. Further details tbc
- 06 May: Talk Swallows and Amazons: A collaborative residency in the Lake District. 1-2pm Brighton University. Part of the Landscape : Islands series by ceramics artist Kay Aplin and sound artist and Joseph Young.
- 10 May: Live JIG (Jude Cowan Montague, Iris Garrelfs, Georgina Brett) concert at Sonic Imperfections, The Montague Arms, Queens Road, Peckham SE15
- 27 May: Performance at MuseRuole Festival, Museion Museum for Modern and Contemporary Art, Bolzano, Italy
- 07 April: concert at Lausch II, Lewisham Art House 8pm. Improvised voice and whispers. Details at https://www.facebook.com/events/177798912599567
- 29 April: release of a live extract from a collaborative performance with Poulomi Desai (modified sitar + electronics) recorded at Salon des Refusés/Sonica FM on Tavern Eightieth.
- 04 March: Seminar Procedural Blending: a model of process in sound art practice at The Bodleian Library’s Centre for Digital Scholarship in Oxford, 1-2pm. Click here for more information.
- 01 March: In conversation with Graham Dunning, Fractal Meat, NTS Live, 1-3am. More here.
- 22 January: Live JIG (Jude Cowan Montague, Iris Garrelfs, Georgina Brett) concert at Club Integral, The Others, 6-8 Manor Road, Stoke Newington, London N16 – More here
- 26 January: Talk at CRiSAP, London College of Communication, London 5-7pm
- 16 November: talk Sound and the Imagination in Urban Spaces at Sound Passages: Passage di Suono symposium, IUAV University of Venice, School of Architecture, Venice, Italy
- 28 November: concert at SOUNDkitchen, Vivid Projects, 16 Minerva Works, 158 Fazeley Street, Birmingham B5 5RS. From 4pm, £7 or £5 for students
- 1 October: voice trio with Jude Cowan Montague and Viv Corringham at The Potting Shed vs Friends of Jude at Full Stop Cafe, 202 Brick Lane, London E1 6SA. 8-11pm, free entry
- 8 October: Live performance at EAVI XIII – Amersham Arms SE14 6TY. From 8pm – Entry £5
- 23 October: My composition 60×60 edit will feature at two dance performance at the VoxNovus XV Festival. Winter Garden New York City, 12:30pm and
- 04 September: A performance-walk around the Soundscapes Exhibition at the National Gallery, part of Soundscapes Late. From 6pm, free entry.
- 10 September: Live performance at CogJam, the Excile, Plymouth. 8-11pm, entry £2.
- 9-11 September: I will give a paper entitled From conceptual blending to procedural blending: applying a model of cognition to process in sound art practice at the conference OFF THE LIP: Transdisciplinary Approaches to Cognitive Innovation convened by CogNovo and the Cognition Institute, University of Plymouth.
- 20 September: Acoustic solo performance at the Linear Obsessional eve at the ArtsCafe, Manor Park, London SE13 5QZ, 6-8pm
- 14 June, 2pm: duo with the experimental sitar player and improvisor Poulomi Desai, as part of Sonica.FM‘s 3-day sound art festival for Salon des Refusés in 129 – 131 Mare Street, E8 3RH .
- 18 June, 7pm: performance/lecture at Cycling74’s Max Connect. I will demonstrate how I use the software in performance. Also on are Nick Rothwell, Leafcutter John and Ned Rush. At Music Hackspace, London E2 9DS. All the details are here.
- 27 June, 2.30pm: For DEN-City (a temporary utopian city of installations, dens and assemblages curated by Rebecca Feiner) Jude Cowan Montague and myself will be creating the imaginary City of Irisjude live on Resonance FM on the hybrid news-arts programme The News Agents. Listen live or online via http://resonancefm.com.
- 16 April: Voice, electronics and live visuals performance at Sonica.FM as part of a quartet featuring Blanca Regina, Sharon Gal and Nathan Jones. LimeWharf, Vyner Street, E2 9DJ London,£5. For more information click here.
- 01 April: Keynote speaker at Field Studies at Musarc, The Cass Faculty of Art, Architecture and Design, London Metropolitan University. Central House, 59-63 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PF, 6pm
- Thurs 26 March 11am-4pm: talk “Voice and Material” at Critical Waves, a collaborative project around research and radio with the ICA, Resonance 104.FM and Birkbeck College More details tbc.
- Tuesday 17th March 7.30pm: concert at Sonic Imperfections, Telegraph Hill Festival, St Catherine’s Church, in Brockley.
- Wednesday 11th March, 9pm: Morse Code Choir broadcast on Resonance FM.
- Sat 21 February: I am hosting and performing at The Potting Shed with Jude Cowen Montague and more at Hundred Years Gallery, London. More details at facebook.com/events/448577691961656/.
- Tues 10 Feb 4pm: Tate Listening Room broadcast on Resonance FM
- Mon 02 – Fri 06 February: residency at Tate Britain. More details at tate.org.uk and Tate Listening Room.
- Thurs 29 Jan, 7.30pm: My piece Sofa Surfing USA will feature as part of Circuit Bridges at Gallery MC , 549 W 52nd St, New York, NY 10019. Admission $15 / $7 students. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/425753770911963/
- Tues 10 Jan, 8pm: Me in conversation with Sonic Imperfections curator Ian Faragher on Resonance FM. It is archived here.
- Tues 5 Jan: My album Breathing Through Wires featuring a selection of live performance extracts will be released on Chicago based net label PanY Rosas Discos.
- 22 November: live concert at Hundred Years Gallery, 13 Pearson St. London E2 8JD, at an evening with Linear Obsessional Recordings. Performances from Longstone, Browne/Sanderson/Thompson and more.
- 8 November: performing in in Jude Cowen Montague‘s WORLD NEWS ORATORIO 3 – The News Agents, St John on Bethnal Green, 200 Cambridge Heath Road, London E2 9PA, 8-10pm, free.
- 16 October: paper at Sound::Gender::Feminism::Activism, London College of Communication.
- 14 October: live concert at Sonic Imperfections, The Montague Arms, Queens Road, Peckham SE15
- 24th July, free: performance of Unwitting Scores at IMT Gallery, 6pm-9pm.
- Bedroom Symphonies, an album made from hotel room practice sessions will be released on Linear Obsessional.
- 18 May 8-11om, free: a duo with Jude CM at the Full Stop Café, Brick Lane, London. Other artists include Sarah Doyle and Stewart Keith.
- 23 April 7-11pm: I’ll be performing a stereo version of Traces in/of/with Sound at the Horse Hospital in London as part of a night featuring various takes on extended cinema performance. More details
- 25 April 7-11pm: performing an un-amplified duo with Jude Cowan Montague at Scaledown, The King and Queen, 1 Foley Street, London W1W 6DL
- 14-18 March: residency at Wimbledon Space as part of ACTS RE-ACTS Festival, with photographer and sound artist Tansy Spinks. Find out more about the project here.
An interactive closing performance will take place on the 18th at 6pm, Wimbledon Space, Wimbledon College of Arts, Merton Hall Road, London SW19 3QA. Entry is free. More about the event here.
- 20 March: Sprawl night celebrating site-related works at Troyganic, Hoxton. With murmer live, Blanca Regina + Steve Beresford + Jack Goldstein, Matthias Kispert and my film Twine.
- 24 March: Collaborative performance as part of a festival curated by Luca Nasciuti for cueB Gallery from 24-26 March. Also featuring Ain Bailey, Lina Lapelyte, Yiorgis Sakellariou and more. I intend to combine voice with the playing of objects collected during the day into a site-responsive improvisation. See the Facebook event here. 7.30-11pm, day entry tbc, 3-day pass £20.
- 26 March: Panel Discussion with Ken Wilder & Trish Scott, chaired by Jane Collins. Ken Wilder delivers a provocation prompting exploration, review and discussion of Acts Re-Acts.
- 8 November – 14 December: installation version of Traces in/of/with sound will feature as part of the sound exhibition NOISE and Whispers at GV Art in London.
- 23-24 November: I’ll be giving a paper entitled Traces in/of/with sound: an experience of audio-visual space at Seeing Sound at Bath University.
- 5 June 11pm: Presentation of Traces in/of/with sound at the Sound, Sight, Space and Play symposium, DeMontford University Leicester.
- 5 June 6-8pm: Opening of the Be Open Sound Portal. The Portal is accessible to the public from 17June and features a 9-channel piece called Remembering World made in collaboration with Peter McKerrow, Robbie Judkins and Charlotte Desborough around the theme of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- 7 June: Presentation of Remembering Worlds at the Sounding Space symposium, University of the Arts London, which features keynotes by Bill Fontana and John Drever.
- 7 June: start of Museruole, which includes a track made with Viv Corringham.
- 15 – 23 June: My piece override will be part of Camberwell Arts Festival and can be enjoyed in buses throughout that time.
- 23 June: I will be talking about and performing Traces in/of/with sound at the Aural Detritus Festival at the Phoenix Brighton. Also performing are Tony Bevan and Lama Dalai. Advance tickets are available through the Festival blog.
- 18 April: I’ll be performing at Open Provocation, Polruan, Cornwall. The festival takes place 17th-20th April and also features Lee Patterson, Robert Curgenven, Alexander Wendt and many others. For more information, check recordedfields.net/festival.
- 01 December: playing an improvised collaboration with David Aylward, Tom Scott, Adam Bohman and more at Utrophia Project Space in 120 Deptford High Street, London SE8 4NS. Very much looking forward to this too, as it’s a short walk from my house and our previous collaborations with David and Tom were very good fun!
- 14 December: My recorded piano piece November Song will be played at 60×60, PianoForte Foundation in the Fine Arts Building on Michigan Avenue, Chicago, USA from 6-7pm. Find more here.
- 12-18 November: residency at Soundfjord as part of the research projects series “Sequence Series: Turn, Move, Change”. Come and visit me Sunday 18th from 4-6pm! More information is here!
- 21st November: I will be co-hosting a rare Sprawl event at Cafe Oto with Adam Bohman, Jasmina Maschina and Material Studies. Click here for more
- 22nd November: I will be playing at Phoenix Brighton, as part of Aural Detritus. Click here for more.