The Lab of Sonic Possibilities is a collaboration between Tansy Spinks and Iris Garrelfs in which they explore locations through listening and sound related activities, uncovering different perspectives on site specificity this reveals.
- 16 December 2019 sees the release of Sounds from the Garden on bandcamp which includes a set of us recorded at the Being Human Festival event at the Horniman Museum and Gardens in November 2019.
- The Lab of Sonic Possibilities will appear at the Being Human Festival, Horniman Museum, London, on 16 November 2019 from 12.30-1.30pm, free entry Details are here
- Release of sounding shore :: COAST TO COAST live Volume1 by DIVAcontemporary with our set from last month’s performance at the Whitstable Biennale on 25 June 2018.
- We will perform at The Sounding Shore: Coast to Coast at the Whitstable Biennale. It’s on 2 June 2018 on the main beach near Keam’s Yard, sometime between 11:00—19:00, free entry.
- Our performance at the Whitstable earlier this year is released by DIVAcontemporary as part of Whitstable 2016 :: live on the beach V on bandcamp on October 1, 2016
- Our next outing will be to the V22 Louise House in Forrest Hill, this time with a performance for angle lamps. It will take place on 28th July 2016, 3-5pm. It’s at a Potting Shed event, held as part of the SoundFjord V22 series.
- We will continue our Lab of Sonic Possibilities with a performance for microphone and beach at this at Whitstable Biennale’s, Silent program curated by Marcus Leadley on Saturday 4th June 2016. The programme runs from 11am-5pm near Keams Yard and we are on at 12.30pm. There is a shuttle bus available from and to London http://www.whitstablebiennale.com/about/bus-booking.
- We were selected for a residency at Wimbledon Space as part of ACTS RE-ACTS Festival, organised by Wimbledon College of Arts (UAL) to set up a debate about contemporary performance in fine art and theatre. It took place from 13/3/14-18/3/14 and we explored collaborative, site specific sound performance through objects and improvisation. An interactive closing event took place on 18th March at Wimbledon Space. Read the residency blog here. You can find a film from the closing night below.
- The project started during a one-day workshop in 2013, which was transformed into my piece Object and Process.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.