It involves participants calling me on a mobile phone within a set timeframe (one week for example), and me describing my environment to them. I envisage this as a kind of one-on-one performance poetry kind of experience.
Here is a very short and rough example of what this may sound like for the caller:
As a second phase I would then like to invite participants for a meeting, in which they can relay their responses and experience to me.
A rough break-down of the steps involved:
1. People will be invited to partipate
2. People sign up for the project and will be given a mobile phone number to call – and a time frame when to call.
3. When people call I will answer the phone and without preamble begin to describe/relay/respond to what I see and hear at that time.
4. I will record my responses, and the environment I am in.
5. A little later participants will get together to discuss our experiences. If possible, I may record this meeting.
6. The end result of this process will be a series of atmospheric “spoken songs”, combining the recordings of me describing my environment with location recordings and possibly also the recorded responses from the meeting.