Remote Listening is new project, which is still in development.
It involves participants calling me on a mobile phone within a set timeframe (one week for example), and me describing my environment to them. I envisage this as a kind of one-on-one performance poetry kind of experience.
Here is a very short and rough example of what this may sound like for the caller:
As a second phase I would then like to invite participants for a meeting, in which they can relay their responses and experience to me.
A rough break-down of the steps involved:
1. People will be invited to partipate
2. People sign up for the project and will be given a mobile phone number to call – and a time frame when to call.
3. When people call I will answer the phone and without preamble begin to describe/relay/respond to what I see and hear at that time.
4. I will record my responses, and the environment I am in.
5. A little later participants will get together to discuss our experiences. If possible, I may record this meeting.
6. The end result of this process will be a series of atmospheric “spoken songs”, combining the recordings of me describing my environment with location recordings and possibly also the recorded responses from the meeting.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.